Thursday, October 30, 2008

Training opportunities!

Most of you know...I am the Assistant Director of a Preschool, and have been so for 6 years. My job is in a transitional mode. Up until this point, I have been in the classroom for the majority of the day and have spent several hours in the office in the afternoons. The Director would like a full time assistant, so I will eventually be moving out of my classroom. This move alone will provide some great chances for training. Last week, I came across an ad for a Director Training Series that is being offered. The ad stated that the application would be due the next day by noon and that applicants would need two letters of recommendation for the program. 20 applicants would be selected (3 or 4 from several counties throughout the area) and the tuition for this program would be 1600$. It also stated that a portion of the tuition would be covered through a grant but that the applicants that were accepted would be responsible for the remaining 900$. So...I rushed to get my application completed and begged my Director and one of my good friends/co-teachers to write me letters of reference. I got my application in about an hour before the deadline. WHEW. I got a letter today saying that I had been accepted for the program!!! The letter also said that the remaining 900$ of my tuition would be covered by my local children's commission!!!! WOW! I am so excited for this opportunity! Classes will start in November and will go through June. They will be one weekend a month (Fridays from 1:00-8:30 and all day Saturdays). The program will cover many of the aspects of management that I have not had experience with. YEAH!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your BLOG, and this is great news about your training opportunity. It seems you are moving forward and we are regressing to the Pioneer days with our Mission but also our reading and intrests. A simpler time I guess. You did not have to worry about economic survival only physical survival. The design of the blog is great, are there TOOLS that guide you in creating it?
Love, Pop